- Think: owning a “prosperity” mindset eliminates poverty; scarcity thinking keeps you stuck. Your most important and valuable asset is you. Invest in yourself.
- See: Increase your prosperity by adopting a ‘big picture’ perspective in which you see how each of your economic decisions affects all the others.
- Measure: Always measure what missed opportunity costs you (what your dollars could earn if you did not commit them elsewhere). Awareness of opportunity costs enables you to recover them. Ignore this at your peril.
- Flow: The true measure of financial prosperity is cash flow. Don’t focus on net worth alone.
- Control: Those with the gold make the rules. Stay in control of your money rather than relinquishing control to others.
- Move: The velocity of money is the movement of dollars through assets. Movement accelerates and compounds prosperity: accumulation slows it down. Avoid stagnation in assets where dollars accumulate but are not put to use.
- Multiply: Prosperity comes readily when your money “multiplies” - meaning that one dollar does many jobs. Your money is disabled when each dollar performs only one or two jobs.
Who We Serve:
We help corporate employees who are using a 401(k) as their primary way of saving for retirement.
We help teachers who are using a 403(b) as their primary way of saving for retirement.
We help parents who are considering whether a 529(b) is the best way to save for upcoming college costs.
We help small and mid-size business owners who are using an IRA(s) as their primary way of saving for retirement.
We believe focusing on what matters most and building a financial legacy requires a well executed plan that avoids critical mistakes in 6 dimensions of wealth management.
- Cash-flow management
- Tax reduction and mitigation¹
- Protection of their assets and their dependents from lawsuits, insurable loss, or other financial or personal threats
- Trust and estate plan implementation²
- Charitable giving
We address each of these spheres according to your needs and desires. In doing so we are happy to work with any competent advisors you already have and then rely on experts of our own as needed. Literally we function as curators of powerful strategies and insights by working with leading experts in each of these dimensions.
Our process starts by doing a great deal of listening and by asking appropriate, thoughtful questions to understand what matters most to you. We then work with you to develop a plan that anticipates and prepares for your income and expenses (cash-flow management) both now and in the future including retirement. This in turn requires that we make sure your investments are targeted and structured appropriately to meet this need. Then we normally turn our attention to making sure your assets are properly protected from being unjustly or accidently taken. Finally, we finish the initial work by addressing the areas of estate planning, long-term tax strategy and charitable giving.
Determining an appropriate plan normally requires approximately two months and beginning to execute on all six areas of wealth management requires another 7 – 10 months. Full execution of the plan requires a lifetime.
The best way to see if we would be a good fit for you would be to start a conversation. See how we can assist you in your financial planning, pain-free!
¹ Oak Hill Wealth Management and Infinex do not provide tax advice. Investors should contact their tax advisor for their particular situation.
² Oak Hill Wealth Management and Infinex do not provide legal advice. Investors should contact their legal advisor for their particular situation.